V) DEFAULT / GAME FILES
B) Default instructions will be sent before the season starts, and on-going during the year in the form of Franchise Files. The Commissioner will send commissioner files to the league members with full defaults compiled from each teams franchise files along with results and game setup, as appropriate.
C) Each manager will have the opportunity to override their default settings, rosters and rotations in League Manager each week during the default file phase.
D) If no default instruction overrides are received by the scheduled weekly date, League Manager’s automated mode will handle the team in the upcoming series.
E) Should an owner drop out of the MWWL in the middle of the season, his team will be monitored by the Commissioner for player fatigue and the auto mode of League Manager will handle the team until a new owner is found.
F) Default instructions will be handled through Advanced Draft and League Manager. Owners will set their rosters, moving players between their active and farm team rosters in accordance with league rules.
G) In League Manager, the owners have the option to do the following:
1) Assign lineups verses RHP’s and LHP’s.
2) Designate a Micro Manager for your road Games. (The default Micro Manager for teams that don’t indicate a manager will be Duke Robinson, Jr.)
3) Enter a pitching rotation (this can be for the upcoming series or for any length of games in the future).
4) None of the above settings are required.
5) If an Owner chooses, he can let the game choose rotations and lineups for all games.
6) The features of League Manager will handle pre-game fatigue and injury substitutions for him while his team is on the road (so as to avoid AIM injuries) and the micromanager will handle in game strategy moves.
7) However, if an Owner choose this method, they still need to review the team status reports and monitor the fatigue levels of their players, then adjust as needed.
H) All games should be completed on time. If the results are not in by the deadline, the games will be played in the AUTO-MODE to keep the season on track.
I) Franchise Files (for Default instructions and Game Results) are to be E-mailed to the Commissioner in accordance with the following schedule:
1) Commissioner File After Games / Initial file Sent to League: By 9:00 AM EST Mondays – Commissioner Sends.
2) Franchise Default Files with weekly rotations / lineups / roster changes sent to the commissioner by 8:00 AM EST / EDT Wednesdays – sent by League Members.
3) Commissioner File for Playing Games sent to league members by 9:00 PM EST / EDT Wednesdays – Commissioner Sends.
4) Franchise Game Result Files sent to Commissioner by 8:00 AM EST / EDT Sundays – sent by League Members.
5) The files will be named with the following naming convention:
(a) Commissioner Files will be C-MWWDxx.alp or C-MWWGxx.alp (xx stands for the series number)
(i) The Dxx stands for default files.
(ii) This file will contain the results of the previous week’s games, & be the one that the current week defaults will be set from.
(iii) The Gxx stand for the GAME file. This is the file that is to be used for PLAYING the games.
(1) If a manager fails to load the Gxx file and plays the games off the Dxx file, the road manager may request that the games be replayed.
(2) In this event, the commissioner will reload the current week’s Game File, play the series in question in auto-mode and then reload the remainder of the franchise files.
(3) It is imperative that HOME managers follow the procedure. Each week when the file is sent, the procedures will be posted.
(b) Franchise Files will be F-yyyDxx.alp or F-yyyGxx.alp (yyy stands for the Team’s initials, xx stands for the series number)
(i) The Dxx stands for the default file the franchise teams send in by Thursday morning each week.
(ii) The xx will be the SAME as that used in the Commissioner Default file that week.
(iii) The Gxx stands for the game results file the HOME franchise teams send in by Monday morning each week they have home games.
(iv) The xx will be the same as the corresponding G Commissioner file that was sent out Thursday.
(v) DO NOT create a second Franchise Files with the same name after playing the games – you will lose the results.
(vi) Please follow these instructions when making the files:
(1) After the games make any roster changes, rotation changes and lineup changes you want for next week THEN save the file!!
(2) Once the file is saved, DO NOT RE-SAVE it with the same name – this will wipe out the results.
(3) Default Franchise files (or a report that none will be sent) are not required each week, just be sure to monitor your team if you do not create a new one.