IV) TEAM ROSTERS
1) Carded Player – a player who has actually playing time from the previous MLB season, and is on the current season disk.
2) Ghosted Player – a player who has not played in the previous MLB season but has played in past MLB seasons but will play in a future MLB year.
(a) If a Ghosted player receives a ‘Card’, he is no longer eligible to be Ghosted for the season in which he is carded.
(b) Ghosted Players count against the 38 man Player limit.
1) Rosters will be limited to 38 players.
2) Off Season Rosters will need to be cut to the following number of players following the MWWL World Series each season.
KEEPERS PER DIVISION:
(a) All Playoff Teams AL and NL
(i) 1st – Division Winner – 20 Keepers.
(ii) 2nd or 3rd – Wild Card(s) – 21 Keepers.
(b) Non Playoff Team AL and NL
(i) 2nd or 3rd – 22 Keepers
(ii) 4th – 23 Keepers
3) Active Rosters consist of 27 players on the ‘Main’ team.
(a) Only Carded Players are permitted on the Active Roster.
(b) This includes at least one back up player for each position and at least nine (9) pitchers.
(c) Rosters may be adjusted during each weekly update cycle.
(d) There will be no limit to the number of times a player may be moved to & from the farm team roster.
(e) During the weekly update cycle, if a team finds itself, due to injury, to not have a backup for a given position, the team will be required to obtain a new player for the team either by trade or Emergency Waiver Claim (see Article VI, Section B, Number 7)
(f) Active Rosters expand to a max of 38 Carded players on September 1, according to the League Manager calendar.
4) Farm Rosters consist of the Draft Picks currently owned, ‘not on Active Roster’ Carded & Ghosted Players.
(a) A maximum of 11 Carded/Ghosted Players are permitted at any time on the Farm Roster.
(b) The transfer of players from the Farm Roster to the Active Roster will be done by the team’s owner during the update defaults cycle (or the Commissioner in cases of emergency).